JERR BLOGS TOO!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Facebook

I got hooked on Facebook a bit over a year ago. Yesterday, as I was doing one of my rounds, some malware sneaked into my system via one of their games (Cafe World). This is the second time I get malware and I now can say with certainty that it was that game... and no, I am not stupid. I keep my firewall, antivirus and anti-spyware/malware utilities up to date and running in the background when I a go online. This comes to show that things like this can happen to pretty much anyone: both the prepared and the unprepared.

Anyway, I managed to remove the malware but in the process, the software removal software I used (it's supposed to be reliable software) did something to my internet settings and I couldn't go on line using anything but Firefox. At that point I just went F this and reformatted the hard drive.

My system is squeaky clean now.

Bottomline, be very careful what you do online. Social networks are risky in more ways than one.

0 comments: